Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!


With the delightful aromas of roast turkey and pumpkin pie wafting from the kitchen and, in some places around our great nation, the first or second blast of winter air and snow arriving, it must be the Thanksgiving and holiday season once again.

I remember the first Thanksgiving I spent in Phu Hiep (this was a first holiday I was not at home) I was impressed by the little things that actually caught me by surprise.  The Army had printed menus of our Thanksgiving dinner that were placed in our Mess Hall.  A nice touch, I thought.  That didn’t completely take away the sting of not being with family, but as the years have gone by (can you believe it’s been nearly half a century?) I realize now that I really was with family, even though we were all dressed in green!

Our friend George Drago sent me a short clip of another trooper who was in our war, and many others, as he brought some light to our sometimes very dark circumstances.  Please click on this link and enjoy some of Bob Hope’s wonderful times with our brothers and sisters over the years.


And HAPPY THANKSGIVING everyone!

No comments: