Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The Adventure: Post-Op PSA Results


Whew!  It’s been a journey of several months dealing with prostate cancer, culminating in having a blood draw on Monday, March 12 to be tested for my post-op prostate specific antigen (PSA) level.  After a day of nail-biting waiting, the lab results came through around 6:30 Tuesday evening. 

I was actually on the phone with Karin when I got the email.  Click, click, and another click of the mouse and I was reading the lab report.  The news was good, very good indeed!  My PSA level was 0.05 (out of standard range of 0.0 to 4.0)! 

The surgery was successful; the Lord has been very gracious to Karin and me!  There is no doubt that he has been in the middle of this entire saga from the start, way back to my first day in the Army and even before then.  We are so grateful!

I have not received notice from the Veterans Affairs Department regarding approval of my claim for special monthly compensation for this presumed Agent Orange-related disease, but that, too, is in God’s hands and his good timing.  I encourage you to investigate any compensation for which you may be eligible because of your service in Vietnam.  There are fifteen diseases that are presumed to be Agent Orange-related.  Click here to see complete list of these diseases.

Again, thanks to everyone who has been praying and supporting us; I can’t tell you how much we have appreciated you!  Now this adventure called life continues….    

No comments: